Thursday, July 8, 2010

Things Never to Say to a Single Woman

I've had my fair share of strange comments made to me throughout my life. Most of those comments are about being single. Here's a list of my favorites!

- You're so pretty. Why aren't you married?
Well, because apparently only ugly people are getting married nowdays.

- From grandma: Don't be so picky!
Jen: Grandma, I saw a homeless man down on the corner. Would you like me to go marry him?
Grandma: Well, he needs a home.
You're right grandma, I am being too picky!

- He's just intimidated by you.
Sure he is! I mean, who wouldn't want an awesome, talented, beautiful, semi-successful woman!

- You should save at least one semester before you graduate so you can find a husband.
Umm, OK. Not!


- The timing is just off.
Hold please, I need to go check the time.

- Why aren't you married?
If I knew why, do you really think I'd still be single right now?

- Just have fun!
Thank you for the advice. How old were you when you got married? 23? That's right.

- Heavenly Father will take care of it.
Yes, this I know. Still doesn't make it any easier. Especially when you say it from the church pulpit, 3 times in a row!

- You should try online dating.
Been there, done that. Would you like to hear the story about the guy that wanted me to meet his parents after one date?


6 comments:

erin said...

What's up with the "semi-successful" tone? Flat-out successful! Hello!

erin said...

And thank you. I'm posting this everywhere.

Jen said...

Post away, Erin! Glad you liked it!

Nemesis said...

Heh. I'm adding you to my blogroll, can't wait to read your stories!

Lori said...

Acouple of times I have heard "she never got married". Excuse me, don't decide my future for me. Love your blog, Fer.

Zachary said...

My favorite retort to when someone says, "You need to be less picky", is to ask them, "Is that how you finally got married?"